Here's a CMW Chevy Impala. I repainted it Floquil Foundation with a gold interior. I didn't like the massive gap in the hood so I epoxied it shut. I also removed the part of the window glazing that was against the underside of the roof, so that I could fit a driver figure in. The rear quarter windows are .005 inch clear styrene.
First, some Eko 66 Dodge Darts. These things had a lot of flash around the side window openings. The flash was so thick, I couldn't simply trim it off with a knife. The door handles were too low so I removed them and replaced them with PE parts. The front grille and rear bumper had to be sawed off from the chassis so that I could make them fit to the body. I changed the headlights from square to round, as US cars did not have square headlights in the 60s. One of the two bodies had all kinds of small cracks in it, like the plastic wasn't at the right temperature when it was molded. I also replaced the window glazing and the wheels/tires, and made a basic interior for each one:
Here's a NEO Ford pickup that I weathered and added a driver to. I also removed the chrome from the wheels and painted them white and silver. I also masked off the windshield so that the area covered by the wipers would be clean, but the rest is slightly dirty.
A Wiking Chevy Malibu that I removed the trailer hitch from, added some quarter windows and a driver, and repainted. I also had to saw the bumpers off of the chassis so that they would fit better:
An Atlas Plymouth Fury that got a paint job and a family of three inside:
This 70 Ford Galaxie was a police car version, so I filled the hole in the roof, stripped all of the thick blue and white paint off, and gave it a more common paint color.
This Walthers 61 Ford pickup didn't get repainted, but I shortened the chassis to get rid of the enormous gap between the cab and the bed. I also touched up the rims so that the tires would look larger, and gave it some light weathering. The Walthers tires looked like they were about a 35 aspect ratio, something that did not exist in the 1960s.
Here are some of the Revell / Con-Cor '61 Chrysler products:
First, a '61 Imperial. I extended the bottom of the front fenders behind the bumper, and added some tail lights. I also cast a resin copy of the interior from another vehicle and fitted it inside. The wheels are from Scale Scenics.
Here's a '61 Dodge Dart - this one didn't require a lot of re-work. I installed a cast resin interior and also some cast resin wheels and tires. On a lot of these kits, the injection mold was not aligned very well, so the rear bumpers had to have a lot of putty added to give them the right shape.