A really good looking rework of the cab Thomas and as I said the tool box looks nice. Several model paint companies make transparent colors that work well for both the red and yellow lenses. I use Pactra paints for this, the two bottles I have had for several years and have outlasted any other model paints on my shelf.
One other question. About the winch, is this something you scratch built and then cast? Would you think about selling/trading a few?
I bought the cab at a swapmeet. I don't know who made the cab but its looks like a bad copy of the Dennis Aust T-800. The quality of the cast is very bad, air bubbles at very bad postions and it was took out of the mold to early. I had to rework the roof, the sun visor and the headlights. I added the twin-steer fenders. I made the toollocker by myself. Usually I paint the tail lights silver and then make a very thick layer of clear color. It looks very good. But I think I will try drilling the tail lights and filling them with wh. glue.
I thought that cab and battery box looked real familiar. I figured it was a copy as Dennis doesn't use Alumilite resin.
Its been a very long time since I last posted something in this thread. I don't know why so. I've got a new us model on my workbench. A Mack M75SX from Ralph Ratcliffe, it will going to be a heavy haul tractor. Gerosa and Corbett both used this truck as heavy haul tractor, New Jersey weight Limits seem to support the use of such trucks. Now some pictures, the truck still need a lot of work:
The next step. I finished the 100.000lbs Clark axle and the frontaxle. I also builded a own steering system since I don't like the height of the Herpa steering parts. I plane to make a little 24/25" Trilex "system" with 100.000lbs Clark, 70.000lbs Clark (also useable for driven steeraxle), old Rockwells, 120.000lbs and 180.000lbs AxleTech and 60.000lbs AxleTech steeraxles. And some more axles.
I am done with the fuel tanks, and some other parts. First cast of the tires is done. I casted them with soft resin, but I still got some troubles with airbubbles in the tire pattern. Also had some troubles with the rims of the drive axle. My first idea of having one rim ring for the front and the drive rims didn't worked, since the resin is making trouble in the lathe. So I needed to build an extra rim ring for the drive axles.